Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Well, I can actually get on the site with a proxy server; problem is when I try playing any video, it doesn't load and I get an error like this. I tried Tor but they don't allow flash content to be loaded as well. I'm out of ideas now. Help?

ADD: Getting a VPN = illegal. That's not the solution for me.

share|improve this question

closed as too localized by CharlieRB, Nifle, Dave M, Mokubai, Randolph West Sep 17 '12 at 22:03

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

This question is similar and has many answers. –  Scott Sep 17 '12 at 17:29
Just so I understand your question, you don't want to use a VPN (which is unlawful), but you do want to circumvent censorship which won't be breaking the law? A VPN will encrypt your traffic, but a VPN can be identified by looking at the port/destination. An SSH tunnel will encrypt your traffic, but that can be identified by looking at the port/destination for the tunnel, and like a VPN, you have to have a destination. You can proxy, and that won't encrypt anything AND they can tell it's a proxy by looking at the port/destination. In all 3 cases you are caught. What exactly are you after? –  Everett Sep 17 '12 at 20:25
@Everett; Circumvention would be unlawful, but a VPN wouldn't work for me for other reasons such as it's not free and those that are free are too slow. I was kinda hoping for a way to browse all of the web securely and anonymously and for free - but also to not be identified. That's not possible, you're saying? –  Acid2 Sep 17 '12 at 20:59
@Acid2 I'm saying of "Quick, Secure, Free," pick any two. –  Everett Sep 18 '12 at 22:01

1 Answer 1

Probably the safest way is to find a VPN service as this will route all your traffic outside of the country, however, I wouldn't recommend breaking the law in whatever country you are in.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.