I've set up Remote Connection according to : http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows7/allow-remote-desktop-connections-from-outside-your-home-network
- Allow remote connections to the computer you want to access.
- Make sure Remote Desktop is able to communicate through your firewall.
- Find the IP address of the computer on your home network that you want to connect to.
- Open your router's configuration screen and forward TCP port 3389 to the destination computer's IP address.
- Find your router's public IP address so that Remote Desktop can find it on the Internet.
When I'm inside the LAN, RDC works flawlessly. When I try to connect to the ip given by my ISP it cannot connect.
I've setup port forwarding for 3389 on my netgear router.