So I have and old computer with and Intel D101GGC motherboard and a pentium 4 cpu and award bios, with a long repeating beep and not passing POST.
- RAM checking, they are good and working on other computers
- Replacing the PSU with a tested one, and still having the same issue
- I assumed that the CPU is dead and tested 2 others they are both Celeron D processors
- I also tested the CPU of this computer on another one and it's working fine
- I also tried it without RAM and still have the same long beep
I did all this after disconnecting all the other hardware like HDD and DVD drives.
The only time I didn't get any beeps is after removing the CPU I don't know if the processor is needed for the beeps to work.
So My questions are:
- is it normal to not get any beeps if we don't have a CPU installed ?
- am I missing something or is the motherboard dead ?
and thanks in advance.