Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I don't have one around me to look, and I need to know what is printed on the black chip in the center of the PCB. I can't post an image, but there is a green square between the two GPUs, and on it a black chip has some text on it.

What is printed on it?

share|improve this question

closed as too localized by Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007, Synetech, Journeyman Geek, slhck Sep 22 '12 at 8:01

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

up vote 0 down vote accepted


Cropped from this photo found via Google Images.

GTX 690 center chip

share|improve this answer
Thanks. will accept when time is up. – user912 Sep 22 '12 at 5:08
and what that is, is a PCIe bridge chip to handle having two cores. – Journeyman Geek Sep 22 '12 at 6:26

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.