I have a network with some computers connected to it; one of those machines is a laptop running Vista.
When I try to print from this laptop the documents just seem to pile up in the spool directory on this laptop. The first one saying "Error - Printing" and the others just stuck after it.
I already tried to reboot the laptop and to
net stop spooler and delete the files in
%windir\system32\spool\*.* and then
net start spooler.
It cleared the spooler's queue but the next time I tried to print it just got stuck again.
Other machines on the network can print properly on the same printer and it does not seem like a connectivity issue either as I can get to the printers web interface from the laptop in question.
I'm looking for ideas on how to resolve this or any information on when to look to find out what is the error that is reported by the queue/spooler.
ADDITIONAL INFO: I just wanted to add that it did print up till recently, and nope AFAIK I did not install anything new on that machine.