I've got an old Acer AspireOne that's been sitting around with a power connector issue for a couple of years. I finally bought a new whip for it and now it's got power, but the netbook itself won't boot. What sort of stpes shold I take to try to figure out what's wrong? Complicating the issue is thatthe screen is badly damaged; I'm mostly trying to ascertain whether or not this baby's worth buying a new screen for. Here's what I know so far:
- System powers up and the screen glows
- I can't hear a POST beep, but I don't recall if I always heard one or not
- Definitely no windows startup sounds
- keyboard connection is ok; when I use the function keys for screen brightness they do what they're supposed to do
- connecting the VGA output to another monitor (well, an LCD tv) doesn't show any data
Is there any hope to be had here, or are the possibilities so broad that I may as well give up now?