The most favorite feature of Emacs for me is to add comment to C source by Alt+;.
This feature in Emacs can do:
- Automatically determine whether the comment is a standalone comment or a suffix comment appended to existing statement.
- Align comment at specific column.
- Create new comment, or re-align the existing one.
And you can also reformat comments by Alt-Q, to:
- Normalize spaces in the comment.
- Break long comments to several lines, wrapped.
- Auto recognize comment style and try to keep the same style after reformat.
This feature is not about to comment out a selection of text.
I want this:
But not this:
I want to know if it is possible to add such feature to Vim?
I'm excite to know if any editor other than Emacs can do so.