Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In window you can use grave key to switch between keyboard languages. How do you type grave and Tilda symbols after that?

enter image description here

share|improve this question

You can always do it with its Alt code: Alt+96 for the grave accent, and Alt+126 for the tilda.

If you want to use those accents in combination of other letters, you have mainly 3 solutions:

  • Use another key combination to change your layout/input language,
  • Learn by heart all alt codes for those accentuated letters,
  • Use a Autohotkey script to remap your keys to avoid the ` one.
share|improve this answer
Thanks, Microsoft may provide an easy alternative method to insert these characters when it use that button for switching keyboard layout. I am looking for such method – PHPst Sep 26 '12 at 17:07
Also worth mentioning is that some editors may have an insert symbol option, allowing to click the characters from list and copy it to clipboard. – jiggunjer Nov 23 '15 at 3:29

Apart from @m4573r answer, you can type ` and ~ by just push and hold the key for longer than 1 second.

it will appear like this


now you got the these characters :0

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .