I'm using an SATA blu-ray drive (Lite-On IHOS104), connected via a USB adapter to my Windows 7 (32-bit) notebook.
The first time I plugged the adapter in, it worked perfectly. The drive appeared in Explorer, and my player software was able to play an encrypted Blu-Ray disc just fine.
After the first reboot, it never worked again. Now it shows up as "removable media" with a size of 0 bytes, irregardless of whether a disk is inserted or not. The drive does not show up under the green "eject USB device" icon in the taskbar. The adapter is powered using a separate power adapter.
I have tried:
- disconnecting all other USB devices
- testing with a DVD instead of a Blu-Ray disc
- letting Windows search for updated drivers for the drive - there are none
- using the same drive and adapter on another Win7 (but x64) computer. They work perfectly.
- using other USB ports on the same notebook - tried them all.
- using a different SATA/USB-adapter
What else can I do to diagnose this problem?