On my laptop I try to create an environment that will be kept to a minimum of the mouse usage.
I use awesome wm and firefox+vimperator. Unfortunately, in the case of email, I have not yet worked out a workable solution. Now I use Yandex.Mail (web-interface) or Thunderbird (and even Muttator) and both of this solutions don't help...
My current goal is to find the perfect console mail client.
I've setted up offlineimap+msmtp, and now I have Maildir with my emails. So I'm looking for a suitable MUA.
My requirements for the mail client are as follows:
- Fast search like in the web version (possibly better)
- Fast processing about 45k+ emails
- Comfortable address book with autocomplete like in web-version
- It is desirable vim-like interface, and be sure to vim as a text editor*emphasized text*
I found the following options:
- Sup. Everybody like sup, but it is not under development since 2011, and I was not able to run it on my Arch Linux.
- Mutt. Very popular, but the latest version is dated 2010. There is a version of mutt-kz supporting notmuch, but then what is its advantage over notmuch?
- Notmuch. Developers wrote that they were inspired by Sup. Notmuch integrated with a search engine and has a lot of frontends: http://notmuchmail.org/frontends/. Among them, I have not yet found the perfect
Actually, the question is: can you advise me something specific (mot necessary from list above)? Maybe you have disappointing experience? Any information would be helpful!