Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a specific brand of ruler or system (such as Metric or American) that should be used when measuring the size of non-standard (read "cheap") labels when you want print a bunch of addresses on some labels using Microsoft Word 2007?

share|improve this question

All standard Avery label sizes work with Word, so I guess you can just measure your labels in inches and compare them to Avery's (see list here).

share|improve this answer

Almost all brands of labels, such as the office supply store house brands, will give the equivalent Avery label number somewhere on the package. Then you can just pick that Avery number from the list in Word.

enter image description here

enter image description here

share|improve this answer
Yeah I looked for something like this...I thought it would make sense that they would do that... – leeand00 Oct 3 '12 at 2:34

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .