Sign up ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

If you open up the Run dialog box, you can type cmd for the command prompt, and msconfig for the configuration utility. What's the equivalent for System Restore?

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

up vote 1 down vote accepted


As documented here.

If you want to run this command from within Safe Mode, start the computer in Safe Mode, login with an account with Admin privileges, and then type the following command in the command prompt/run dialog box:


For more information, go here for Microsoft's instructions.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.