The web-stat software Piwik stops reacting on mouse clicks after 1-2 seconds. The same is true for Google Maps and Producteev (but GMail and most other pages work like a charm). These rely heavily on JS, and work without Flash. I can click for a very short time period and then the mouse cursor doesn't feel the UI anymore (it doesn't turn into a
I over input fields, though it moves; if the freeze occured while the pointer was over an input field, the cursor keeps being a
I) and all clicks on the DOM are being ignored by Chrome. No message appears, neither obvious nor in the Console (F12). There is no obstructing div or the like in the DOM (F12). Since I couldn't find any hints on the source of my problems, I suspected my plugins and extensions.
Unfortunately, neither deactivating all plugins nor all extensions solved the problem.
- for the problematic pages, it always happens
- no Dropbox running
- several GB of free RAM
- the taskmanager doesn't show any high CPU or memory utilization (the offending tab uses 30 MB and uses 0-1 % CPU)
- all problematic pages work in other browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE)
- the rest of the computer is very responsive
- the computers use different security suites (Kaspersky and Avira)
The effect exists between several (synchronized) Chrome instances on different machines, all running Windows 7. Both the OS and Chrome are updated automatically. Other tabs and the Chrome chrome (tabs, menus, toolbar buttons of the browser itself) still work.
I really don't like switching between browsers. Any ideas?