Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

For Windows 7, are there any programs that make it possible to change the scale of any open window? For example, if I had a file open in Notepad, I'd like to change the scale of the Notepad window to half of its height and half of its width (by "zooming out").

share|improve this question
your use of the word zoom is confusing to me. Do you want to simply resize the window, or actually shrink the font size and menus too? – cloneman Oct 6 '12 at 6:28
I actually want to shrink the font size and menus. Here's a demonstration of the concept (the only one that I know of anywhere on the Internet): – Anderson Green Oct 6 '12 at 6:38
This type of user interface is called a "zooming user interface" - I was wondering if there was any software that would make it possible on Windows. – Anderson Green Oct 6 '12 at 6:41

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .