I have a client who has an issue whereby her Print Spooler on her Windows 7 PC stops after 2 minutes. I have set the service to restart on all subsequent failures, but it still drops out after 2 minutes, restarts after 1 minute, then crashes again after a further 2 minutes. Rinse and repeat.
- I have updated all printer drivers, and run Windows update.
- I have scanned for viruses
- I have run
SFCwhich came up clean.
- I have tried deleting all the files from within
- I have deleted all extra providers from within
- I have taken ownership of
Turn windows features on or off I have tried unticking
Internet Printing Client, ticking
LPD Print Service and ticking
LPR Port Monitor
This issue has persisted through multiple restarts over the course of a week. I'm hesitant about using a registry cleaner but if it comes down to it, I could potentially be persuaded if nothing else works.