Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit with Unity. My system configuration is:

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4 GHz) RAM: 8192 Mb DDR2 Kingston Video: Palit GeForce GTX 260 216 SP, and my screen resolution is 1680x1050.

I also have Window 7 Ulitimate installed, and I can see the same files in Media Player Classic without any horizontal lines.

I've installed vdpau driver, NVIDIA drivers 304.51, and MPlayer 2 (within SMPlayer). I've disabled "Sync to VBlank" option in CCSM (because in other way, by default, MPlayer process use about 50-60 percents of my processor load), tried to swich between different deinterlace options in SMPlayer, used "-vc ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau" (without quotes) parameters for MPlayer, switched to "Ubuntu 2D", but, finally, have no results.

Any suggestions? How must I to set up MPlayer?

share|improve this question
Your host is is windows 7, and your guest is Ubuntu? Have you tried VLC / YouTube Flash? Are you sure this is a deinterlace problem? most videos downloaded from the internet are progressive. Can you post a screenshot? – cloneman Oct 14 '12 at 20:46
Why do you think I use a virtual machine? – Guy Fawkes Oct 15 '12 at 6:38
hah, my bad. VMware also has a feature called unity, I thought you were talking about that. – cloneman Oct 16 '12 at 18:06

VLC has different deinterlacing-modes. Be sure to try them all, as not all modes work with all types of video-sources...

share|improve this answer
The OP is using MPlayer though. – slhck Oct 21 '12 at 10:10
VLC also has support for Ubuntu (and Windows, Mac Os X and other Linux distros.) Download page link – Bombelman Oct 21 '12 at 10:55

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.