I am running a Mint 13 XFCE machine and, seemingly out of nowhere found myself with "Server not found" pages in Firefox. However the blackout is not complete; at least one domain is reachable.
A few extra curiosities:
- I could through Thunderbird connect to some imap email servers (but not all) through port 993.
- Seemingly the only page I can ping is
berkeley.edu. All others I have tried say
host unknown. (In fact, the mail server that Thunderbird can reach is on the
- When at Berkeley today, connectivity was fine after 15 minutes or so. Back home, the issue remains.
Here are the things I tried:
- Checking the router from another device (ok)
- I used to connect through a proxy server (automatic configuration URL) but disabled that as the first try to restore connectivity.
- Connecting with a wire to the router
My firewall is off. Any ideas what might be causing this?