I have made a lot of mistakes and now I cannot see my hard disk nor I can start my operating system on my laptop. All my passwords and important files on my hdd without any backup.
I followed this course of action
- Changed my hard disk partitions to dynamic just for getting 5th partition. (1st mistake)
- Decreased partitions to 4 again.
- Backed up operating system from 4th to 3rd partition with Norton Ghost.
- Booted from a live CD for Windows XP. Formatted 4th partition and moved my all important data from 1st and 2nd partitions to the 4th partition.
- Deleted 1st and 2nd partitions and got 1 partition from half of empty space. So I have just 3 partitions and empty space between 1st and 2nd partitions.
- Tried to install Windows 8 to the first partition but it did not allow because it is dynamic. Also it did not allow to install to other partitions.
- Tried to install Windows XP to the 1st partition but it said if I continue I cannot use other drivers. Therefore I escaped from installing it.
- Booted from the Windows XP live CD then increased 1st partiton to less than 400mb of empty space. Therefore I thought it will be adjacent but it was shown as 2 partitions. In my computer I see just 3 drivers.
- Using Norton Ghost I recovered my OS to the 1st partition. (2nd mistake it was on 4th partition originally)
- Booted from a Windows XP live CD I tried to install
bcdeditto the Windows XP live CD but it did not work. Then I tried to install EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition. It was installed with errors then I start it and it showed me an error like there is no hard disk. I looked to my PC and my drivers were not there.
- Booted from the Norton Ghost CD and it did not show me my drivers either, but before I was able to see them. I checked numbers of partition shown by the Norton Ghost utility and they are still have same numbers so I have to see my drivers but I cannot see them now.
These partition tools are already exist in Windows XP live CD by The Ultimate Boot CD for Windows. Can any of them help me?
My hard disk is shown as extarnal dynamic now in other words there is no partition in the disk manager so I cannot see any drive in my PC in the live Windows XP. There are two options; first one is import extarnal disk and second one is convert disk to basic. Will they delete my data?
I can see partitions with their renamed drive names using above tools' analysis. However I am not sure to try to fix MRB because I have never used them before. Finally
- How can I make it so that my drives are visible again without losing my data?
- How can I convert my dynamic partitions to basic without losing my data?