At first, I could not connect to my NAS (which has static IP 192.168.1.100) from my notebook. But I can connect to it with all my other PCs. So I suspect some error somewhere in that notebook.
My network configuration is following:
- wifi router with DHCP server enabled, static IP for NAS reserved
- NAS with IP 192.168.1.100 assigned
- problematic notebook connected through WIFI with dynamic IP 192.168.1.106 (right now)
- When I run 'ipconfig /all' I see that notebook has ..1.106 IP assigned (as expected). I don't see any other IP there (as expected).
- I checked every network adapter settings for static IP (on notebook), nothing found.
- There is one VPN adapter on notebook, but currently disconnected
When I input NAS IP into any browser on notebook it returns NOT FOUND message (this is wrong).
BUT when I input NAS IP into Windows Explorer it shows me shared folders of itself, of current NTB. (which is very weird, and I cannot explain this).
Same shared folders I see when I input notebook's IP (which is correct)
How is this possible? How can I get this right (meaning I want to see NAS folders when I input its IP in WinExplorer)? What settings I can check or correct?