I have had my build for about two years now and in the past six months I have noticed my CPU temperature gets a bit too hot in relation to what I am actually doing.
The heat sink is extreamly hot to the touch too. My old Pentium 4 used to overheat until I disabled hyper-threading, I hope this isn't the case now.
Any help is greatly appreciated. To protect my system I am running in low power mode until I find a fix. Cheers.
Here are the stats and information:
- The procesor is an Intel i7 930 2.8Ghz Bloomfield LGA1366.
- The motherboard is an ASUS Sabretooth x58.
- My current heatsink is an Arctic Freezer 7 PRO Rev. 2
- My case is a Coolermaster HAF X with all available fans installed and running at 100%
- 1x 140mm Front Intake
- 1x 200mm Side Intake
- 1x 120mm Inside Fan (Blows air onto GPU from the front)
- 2x 140mm Top Exhausts
- 1x 120mm Back Exhaust
- 1x 96mm CPU Heatsink Fan (Intake from bottom, exhausting at the top)
So here are the temperatures: Room Temperature is about 25C.
At stock speed (2.8Ghz)
03% = 56C 20% = 84C 100% = 84C (After running Prime95 for 10 seconds - processor clocks itself down to prevent damage to about 2.1Ghz)
At low power mode (1.5Ghz)
3% = 42C 20% = 48C 100% = 58C (After running prime95 for 30 minuites)