Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

My printer can only print on 8.5x11 sheets of paper and i'm looking to "blow up"/magnify a single word big enough that i can print it across maybe 6 pieces of paper and some how stitch them together.

Is there a program or method that would work best for this?

I'm using a mac.

Thank you!

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

Write your word in a program such as GIMP so that you can save it as an image file in the desired dimensions. You will then be able to open it in PosteRazor and export a multi-page .pdf file.

The PosteRazor cuts a raster image into pieces which can afterwards be printed out and assembled to a poster.

share|improve this answer
PosteRazor will do the trick and works with any image. Thanks a ton. – mariozig Oct 17 '12 at 22:25

I guess that is a basic function for almost all designing programs.

I have tested by Adobe Illustrator creative suite 5. The steps:

  1. Input the word and make it to vector by "create outline".
  2. Enlarge to the size what you want.
  3. Print with "tile" option.
share|improve this answer

Try Excel. It is very good at splitting content across pages.

share|improve this answer
Could you expand on the answer with some instructions for the OP or other users seeing this from Google? – Canadian Luke Oct 17 '12 at 17:03

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .