Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
How can I remap a keyboard key?

I'm using an HP EliteBook 8440p laptop and two of the keys on my keyboard (V and B) aren't working. Replacing the keyboard will take 2-3 days, and I can't stop my office work.

I'm bored of using the on-screen keyboard for writing "v" and "b", and I don't have any portable USB keyboards to connect to the laptop right now.

I'm thinking that, since I'm not using the Pg Up and Pg Down keys at all, is there any software or trick which can remap those keys to "v" and "b", respectively?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by slhck Oct 18 '12 at 16:17

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

up vote 4 down vote accepted

SharpKeys will allow you to do this.

share|improve this answer
Bingo.. thank you very much.. (Now I typed v and b using pg up and pg down in this comments..) :P – mr_eclair Oct 18 '12 at 11:12

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.