Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

How to replace any l (upper/lowercase "L") to I (upper/lower case "i") from any word found lowercase or uppercase? EX:


should be



lt's there...

should be

It's there
share|improve this question
What do you want? It seems that your question means L to I & l to i? But your example means l to I... – wilson Oct 24 '12 at 8:08

Find & Replace (Ctrl + H) should suffice, no?

You can even use regular expressions.

share|improve this answer
On the "Replace" menu, be sure to check "Match case" (and uncheck "Match whole word only"). – Daniel R Hicks Oct 20 '12 at 17:42

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.