Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I know that it can be done by taking a file from win 2k3 server and mod it to place it in xp, but thats all I know!

How can I do it?

Side note: PAE doesnt work in sp2 (it works but there is a hard-coded barrier from M$ that still doesnt allow you the >4gb usage)

share|improve this question

closed as not a real question by soandos, BBlake, Indrek, 8088, Hennes Oct 22 '12 at 16:58

It's difficult to tell what is being asked here. This question is ambiguous, vague, incomplete, overly broad, or rhetorical and cannot be reasonably answered in its current form. For help clarifying this question so that it can be reopened, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Please don't bump. – soandos Oct 22 '12 at 14:37
Just update the system to Service Pack 3. Service Pack 2 leaves the system vulerable to all sorts of attacks. – Ramhound Oct 22 '12 at 15:00
I am not here to discuss this. I posted the question, if you know then answer. Also sp3 has althis barrier too. So all those who put a negative in my question, answer it instead of being cocky! – vampm Oct 22 '12 at 15:08
Now that style is going to get you a lot of answers.... (not). --- Someone who did not downvote. – Hennes Oct 22 '12 at 16:57

Try this: Physical Address Extension - PAE Memory and Windows

share|improve this answer
I know about this, but it seems that even if you enable it in sp2, it doesnt work. – vampm Oct 22 '12 at 14:37
Physical Address Extension as mentioned by @alexus is what is required. Period. 32-bit Windows is only capable of addressing up to 3.75 GB worth of RAM. PAE is a 'hack' that Microsoft created to allow the CPU to address additional memory. – UtahJarhead Oct 22 '12 at 15:04

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.