Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have heard of an extension for Chrome that essentially saves text that you are typing in. For example if I was typing in a box such as this, often times on a refresh for example you lose text. What is the extension that can be used to make sure this text is still present in situations such as this?

I know it exists, though I do not remember the name of it, nor what to search for to find it.

share|improve this question

migrated from Oct 23 '12 at 5:55

This question came from our site for power users of web applications.

up vote 3 down vote accepted

I think Lazarus might be what you are looking for.

From the extension's page:

Autosaves everything you type so you can easily recover from form-killing timeouts, crashes and network errors.

share|improve this answer

I believe you're looking for Lazarus. It saves web forms as you type them.

share|improve this answer
Both Dez and yourself gave me the right answer, but he gave a little more detail, so I selected him as the accepted answer. – Fogest Oct 22 '12 at 21:28

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.