I notice this myself occasionally in different programs, and a lot of network scanners and tools bring this about as well for me.
The first logical step is to narrow the "error," or issue, if you like -- by watching Process Monitor and look at when it happens and try to replicate it. If you're having trouble, try adjusting your filters.
I am trying this now and I found
BluetoothView.exe to result in buffer overflow (BO) after creating a file, and then querying that same file -- which is what caused the BO. One example is an instance where in under a thousandths of a millisecond, BluetoothView creates a BO with the operation:
Process tab in
Event Properties (in
procmon), there is a list of modules including common shell files and things such as
Windows.Media.Streaming.dll and codecs, and other Nirsoft software such as Network Explorer. Although these things might have been found to being effected by Bluetooth, it's strange the actual program never turned up anything.
Stack tab, the modules are:
I was checking this because I had left my house for a while and left my computer running for a few days, when I came back I noticed a few things out of place and just wanted to check. After opening Task Manager my computer crashed, and would no longer complete loading Windows 8. Instead of a load/splash screen for W8, four or five lines of code flashed on the screen, as the flashing indicator on the top left (the one that lets you know that commands may be entered) drop about 4 or 5 lines down the screen, which is not normal function.
I had to do some unconventional things to be able to get back into Windows, but I won't go into that.
In your case, and in mine, I think the next step is to poke around at this program, and also to look into the programs its playing around with.