- yesterday I still could access my domain in my browser (Firefox), today I can't anymore. I tried both domain name and IP address. This is not a browser problem: IE can't either, and Outlook can't get e-mails from the domain.
- It's not a PC problem either: I tried on another PC but no joy
- It's not a server problem either: http://www.isitdownrightnow.com reports the site as reachable
- It seems like it's not a router problem either: I can access any other site I want, just not my domain. I checked the router's setting to see if it blocked my domain, but I couldn't find anything suspect. (Not surprisingly: I did not make any changes to its settings since I installed it a month ago).
Yet, the router remains the first suspect; a different computer connected via the same router has the same problem. Not: problem persists when router is bypassed.
I'm completely puzzled, but that usually means the solution is quite simple, so let's hear it! :-)
I tried some of Choy and Chloe's advice (thanks to both of you), and this is the result:
- Choy's idea of bypassing the router was a good one. It's not the router; when I connect directly to my modem the problem is still there.
- I had already checked
hosts, it's clean
pingdoesn't return any package (100% lost)
- changed the DNS in my router to OpenDNS: no joy :-(
- I tried
Tracing route to mydomain.net [xx.xx.xx.xxx] over a maximum of 10 hops: 1 1 ms 3 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1 2 8 ms 9 ms 8 ms 78-20-224-1.access.telenet.be [184.108.40.206] 3 * 9 ms 11 ms dD5E0C041.access.telenet.be [220.127.116.11] 4 13 ms 11 ms 11 ms dD5E0FD29.access.telenet.be [18.104.22.168] 5 13 ms 11 ms 11 ms dD5E0FD35.access.telenet.be [22.214.171.124] 6 * * * Request timed out. 7 * * * Request timed out. 8 * * * Request timed out. 9 * * * Request timed out. 10 * * * Request timed out.
Does this mean Telenet (my ISP) blocks my domain?
- I also tried via my mobile phone on 3G, and that doesn't work either. Caveat: my phone's operator is that same Telenet.
I welcome new ideas!