I have this board with IP address 192.168.5.124 (can't be changed). I must connect to it via an ethernet cable and then use Modbus for communication.
I am currently having problems seeing this device on my network. My Linksys router has the IP address 192.168.1.1 (pretty standard). The computers on the network have IP addresses 192.168.1.100 and up.
I'm not really an expert in home networking, so my questions are:
- Why do I not receive a response from the unit when I ping 192.168.5.124?
- Does it have anything to do with the fact that the device is on 192.168.5.* and the network "generated" by the router is 192.168.1.* and therefore can't see it?
- Connect device to router.
- Ping the IP of the device - no answer.
Another test scenario:
- Connect device directly to a laptop.
- Change the computer's LAN settings to use the specific IP of the device.
- Ping - no answer.
I also can't see the device when I go to the DHCP clients list in the router settings. Only devices on 192.168.1.* show up.
I have tried pinging the device from a laptop that's connected wirelessly to the network, and from a stationary computer that's connected with cable directly to the router. I've also tried to disable internet access from my external modem so the router didn't have internet access.