I have zero experiences with Asterisk but need to choose the best bare-metal distribution (running as a VM guest) for my needs.
- Asterisk server will answer calls, auto responder says caller extension number and hangs up
- I'll connect it thru SIP trunk to the Avaya PBX, I can use another H.323 server too if it's possible (because H.323 PBX is on local network, SIP in the another city)
- it's planned for just one concurrent call
- I got a very little time for this task from my boss, so it must be easy and quick solution without need of learning Asterisk and writing configurations
- I prefer very customized install with lot of options because I don't need most of typical PBX features
- google told me about AsteriskNow, TrixBox and Elastix
What's your recommendation? Hope I've chosen correct site for this question