How can I get the "Edit with ... using tabs" functionality in gVim on Windows 8 (64-bit)?
I'd like to swap out gVim's stock gvimext.dll for one that adds an "Edit with ... using tabs" option to Explorer's right-click context menu.
On Windows 7 (64-bit) I used to be able to download the DLL and swap it in by following these instructions. However, I can't get it to work in Windows 8.
- The stock installation's context menu (sans "... using tabs") works fine (without a restart)
- ...but after replacing the DLL the gVim context menu options disappear and the gvimext.dll no longer seems to even load. (Windows 8 was restarted)
- if I again replace gvimext.dll with a backup of the stock DLL, the context menu options remain missing and the DLL still seems to fail to load (Windows 8 was restarted, again)
- If I re-install gVim, the context menu items return (even without a restart)
- What is the difference here between Windows 7 (where swapping DLL's works) and Windows 8 (where swapping DLL's fails)?