- MacBook Air running Mountain Lion and connected wirelessly to a router.
- Wireshark installed and capturing packets (I have "capture all in promiscuous mode" checked)
- I filter out all packets with my source and destination IP using the following filter (
ip.dst != 192.168.1.104 && ip.src != 192.168.1.104)
- On the same network as the MacBook, I use an Android device (connecting via WiFi) to make HTTP requests.
- Wireshark running on the MacBook sees the HTTP request from the Android device.
- I only see SSDP broadcasts from
What do I need to do so that Wireshark, like Firesheep, can see and use the packets (particularly HTTP) from other network devices on the same network?
- How can I capture other computers traffic in Wireshark on a WiFi-network? seems to imply that it is not possible
- This seems to describe my problem: http://seclists.org/wireshark/2010/Jan/70
- I am confident the network interface is in promisc mode because when I run
en0: flags=8967<UP,BROADCAST,DEBUG,SMART,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500