1. MacBook Air running Mountain Lion and connected wirelessly to a router.
2. Wireshark installed and capturing packets (I have "capture all in promiscuous mode" checked)
3. I filter out all packets with my source and destination IP using the following filter ("ip.dst != 192.168.1.104 && ip.src != 192.168.1.104")
4. On the same network as the MacBook, I use an Android device (connecting via WiFi) to make HTTP requests.
1. Wireshark running on the MacBook sees the HTTP request from the Android device.
1. I only see SSDP broadcasts from 192.168.1.1
What do I need to do so that Wireshark, like Firesheep, can see and use the packets (particularly HTTP) from other network devices on the same network?
1. How can I capture other computers traffic in Wireshark on a WiFi-network? seems to imply that it is not possible
2. This seems to describe my problem: http://seclists.org/wireshark/2010/Jan/70 3. I am confident the network interface is in promisc mode because when I run ifconfig I get "en0: flags=8967 mtu 1500"