I have an Ubuntu-only system and need to install Windows on it. Because all my Linux partitions are in an LVM, the Windows partition may only reside after all the Linux partitions (in other words: at the 400GB mark).
I don't want to do all the work of resizing the LVM just for the Windows Installer to tell me he doesn't fancy my partition setup. There are are all kind of requirements floating around the net, such as:
- has to be the first partition on the first device (this is wrong, AFAIK)
- has to be a primary partition
- has to be on the first 10|20|100|132|whatever Gigabytes
- has to be on the first X cylinders
- and so on and so forth...
So, what are the actual requirements for a Windows partition? It would be Windows 7, if that matters.