I tried to achieve this before asking the question you are linking to. After playing around in the registry for some time, I think I have found the solution!
- Open up Run.
- Press Win+R or press Win+X and select Run.
- Type regedit and press Ok.
- Navigate to
or something similar. It may be a bit different depending on driver version, vendor etc.
- Select the edge swipe you want to modify.
- Take a screenshot (Win+prt scr) to save the values you will be editing in case you mess something up.
- Modify the LoXRel, HiXRel, LoYRel and/or HiYRel values. What needs to be modified depends on the edge.
- Restart the computer, check if the zone is right or try again.
Here I have modified the Top Edge Pull-zone to not go so far down from the edge. The value I need to change is the LoYRel. The higher the value, the smaller the zone ("how far from the bottom the lower part of the zone should end"). I've changed it to be ffffffff (the max) which means that it will only do a Top Edge Pull when I start with my finger entirely from the top edge, and not when I start closer to the middle. The default value was fffff060 which left some (too much) room on the top, now I don't accidentally do edge gestures/swipe all the time.
When playing around with the values, don't set them too extreme just to check if you're editing the right value. I managed to make my entire touchpad an edge-zone. :p