Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I got this laptop Dell Inspiron N5010.

My question is regarding to replace the connector using another, cause I teared out the cable out of it.

Here is an image of my : motherboard.

Now, the connector pointed with the arrow need to be fixed.

This is a closeup of the connector: closeup of the connector

Can anyone identify the name of the connector, or give me a suggestion of how can I glue, solder or do anything about it, cause otherwise I need to buy new speakers just for the connector :(.

Thanks in advance.

share|improve this question

migrated from Nov 2 '12 at 3:33

This question came from our site for electronics and electrical engineering professionals, students, and enthusiasts.

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.