Not sure what I've done wrong. Built one PC before successfully in a similar way but this one seems to be struggling.
I have the following components:
- Mobo: ASUS P8Z68-V/Pro Gen 3 (updated to latest firmware)
- RAM: 16GB (2 x 8GB)
- Power Supply: corsair HX850
- 2 x 3TB drives on the intel z68 controller
- 1 x 128GB SSD on the Marvel controller
- Graphics: Sapphire 7950 (not using on-board graphics)
- I set up my 3 TB disks in RAID1
- controller appears to recognize them fine during boot as one 2.7TB raid1 volume
- windows setup sees two disks, both 746 GB, but will only let me install to one and appears to work fine.
- windows appears to install fine
- after installer reboots, I receive "windows failed to start" error referencing code 0xc000000e and "\Windows\system32\winload.exe
- every time I do an install, a new additional "win7" entry is added to the boot menu; all lead to this error.
What I've tried:
- updated the BIOS to the latest firmware
- attempted to repair the install
- tried clearing / removing raid / re-raiding drives
- tried formatting the drives during install
- attempted to clear the menu Of entries (can't figure out how to do that)
No matter how many times I destroy the raid array, format the disks, etc. the boot entries keep piling up. Any idea where I'm going wrong?