I have an odd error that doesn't seem to fit in with any of the other odd Windows 7 x64 USB errors that have been kicked up on Google. Here we go:
- Uninstalled Tortoise SVN and clicked restart computer. My machine had been up for around 28 days
- On reboot my mouse and keyboard failed to work anymore, couldn't log in. Tried every USB port I have on my Dell 390 and the ports on my Dell 19's, nothing worked. They had power but Windows would not respond when I manipulated the keyboard/mouse.
- Rebooted my computer and pressed F2 to get into bios, my keyboard is working fine in bios. Keyboard and mouse work fine on other computers when using USB.
- Found adapters for keyboard and mouse to convert from USB to PS/2 ports, works fine. I'm actually typing this question on the same keyboard, same computer, just using PS/2 ports for my mouse and keyboard.
It appears to be a Windows 7 x64 issue. Other things I have tried:
- Multiple other mice and keyboards, iphone, all with no luck. Each one gets power, but Windows never tries to install drivers or sees that they are connected.
- Uninstall and reinstall all USB drivers. Drives uninstall and reinstall fine and report no errors in Control Panel.
- In Power Management I disallow Windows from turning off USB ports to save power
- Installed the latest nVidia drivers for my graphics card, no change.
Anyplace else I can look/try? Thanks!