I have an assignment.
Now I cannot login as Geeko (non-root user) or Root. Any way to fix this? I thought I could get to the console with a Alt+F2 etc... But that does not work...
I am running Opensuze in VMware workstation no snapshot (of course).
Here are the steps as written
- Log out of the KDE desktop environment.
When the KDM login screen appears, log in with the following:
Notice that you can log in as root without a root entry in the login screen.
Log out again from the KDE desktop environment.
- Log in as geeko with a password of yourpassword.
- Open a terminal window and su to root.
- Open the file /etc/pam.d/xdm in a text editor.
Add the following as the second line of the file:
auth required pam_securetty.so
Save and close the file.
- Log out and try to log in as root user at the KDM login screen again.
The root login is denied.