On my linux laptop I have two VGA compatible controllers (information from
- product: GK107 [GeForce GT 640M]
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vga_controller bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=nouveau latency=0
resources: irq:16 memory:f2000000-f2ffffff memory:e0000000-efffffff memory:f0000000-f1ffffff ioport:3000(size=128)
- product: 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
physical id: 2
bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
resources: irq:44 memory:f3000000-f33fffff memory:d0000000-dfffffff ioport:4000(size=64)
lspci | grep VGA output:
- 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
- 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GT 640M] (rev a1)
When I run
glxgears I've got the following output (while application is running):
libGL error: failed to load driver: i965 libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details. XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0" after 2968 requests (2966 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
So I suppose it fails with intel VGA?
I have installed followed drivers:
- xf86-video-intel 2.20 (X.org Intel i810/i830/i915/945G/G965+ video drivers)
1 How can I check which controller is used by system/programs?
2 How can I ensure specific controller to be used?
3 How can I ensure that driver i965 is loaded, instead i915 (from the
lshw output)? (the proper for my intel agp)
lshw shows clock: 33MHz? For GeForce 640M should be 625 MHz.
I'm using Linux Arch.