1. Need to Set the default browser to IE via cmd(problem)
2. Need to do a Citrix login via IE(amounts to loading a url) because it wont run in Google Chrome
3. then set default browser to Chrome
Windows XP, no admin privileges
no admin privileges mean I can't touch registry
Basic Steps I'm Doing:
In a bat file:
1. Set default browser to IE
2. Run a Citrix SSO login via IE (not compatible with chrome)
3. Set default browser to Chrome
4. Kill IE
5. Live long and prosper
So I have it all running except "Set default browser to IE"
I can set the default browser to Chrome by using Portable Chrome's command line argument --make-default-browser
but I can't undo that process.
If I launch IE, it pops up that 'make ie default browser' window which stops the SSO process.
So If I can disable that check via bat file, that would also work for me.
Things i've tried that didn't work: shmgrate.exe OCInstallReinstallIE
We are using IE8.
Maybe someone can find a Chrome switch that undoes default browser, a la: http://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-command-line-switches/