Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have an external sound card and controller that can send midi signals to windows.
Is there a good free software that can get the midi signals and translate them to windows volume level change?
I know it is possible as all the thing works in special music software (I can adjust the software controls to be controlled by my controller)

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Dave, fixer1234, nc4pk, mdpc, Fazer87 Feb 26 at 14:10

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions seeking product, service, or learning material recommendations are off-topic because they become outdated quickly and attract opinion-based answers. Instead, describe your situation and the specific problem you're trying to solve. Share your research. Here are a few suggestions on how to properly ask this type of question." – Dave, fixer1234, nc4pk, mdpc, Fazer87
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

up vote 2 down vote accepted

Yes, there is at least one.

Midi2Master.Vol (direct link to ZIP)

control your windows master volume using a midi controller!

You can perhaps also rig something up using AutoHotKey and a user-created Midi-In plugin for AHK.

share|improve this answer

I just released another Audio related gadget for Win Vista/7/8:

mVControl (MIDI Volume Control) lets you control output and input volumes via MIDI controller and -keys and runs in the background.

This is useful for people who want to control their audio levels using existing MIDI hardware without having to open any user interface. Set and forget.

Get it here :

Not the most beautiful UI but it gets the job done. Again, it is my software.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .