Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm curious as to whether there's a way to have Word automatically indicate in Normal mode where it's inserting line breaks? I'm making a printout with code in it and it doesn't have to look pretty, but it would be nice if the word wrapping were indicated automatically. Specifically, I'm using Word for Mac 2011.

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

Unfortunately Microsoft Word has no such feature. As an alternative you can add list numbering or bullet points to your paragraphs of code (assuming you are using a special style for code you can add it to this style). This way it is easier to see what lines are wrapped and what are new.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.