Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

All of Apple's software uses a distinctive image scaling algorithm built into the OS. Both OS X and iOS use it. It might seem like a silly question, but does anybody know what it's called and/or how it works? It doesn't look like simple bicubic/bilinear

share|improve this question

closed as too localized by Xavierjazz, HackToHell, Tom Wijsman, Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007, 8088 Nov 11 '12 at 18:03

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Are you talking about how UIImages are drawn when their scale property is changed? Or actual (destructive) rescaling operations? – slhck Nov 11 '12 at 10:47