Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a Gateway SX2802-07 desktop with Windows 7. It has only one HDMI port - for the monitor. I want to add another HDMI port to stream video to my HDTV. I see 'video card' and 'PCI card' a lot but am unsure which one I should use. Are they universal or is there one specific to my unit? Or should I be doing something else? Thank you.

share|improve this question
I would use a HDMI KVM and just skip hooking up the keyboard and mouse. This would allow you to switch just the monitor that would be used in theory. – Ramhound Nov 11 '12 at 16:50

We cannot help with shopping for specific hardware here on SuperUser, but this is what I can tell you.

Your system has "on board" graphics (built on the motherboard), but it also has a pci-e card slot where you could install a add in video card that has 2 hdmi out ports.

Below is the specs for your pci-e slot in your system, so look for a video card that will work in this slot and has 2 hdmi out ports. Low profile graphics cards are different than standard desktop cards, so be sure you buy one that can go into a low profile card slot.

PCI Express® 2.0 ×16 low-profile graphics card support

Source of pci specs

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .