Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a quick way to change the volume while inside of the new UI?

share|improve this question
Are you using a PC or laptop. If its laptop then Fn+down/up arrow will work like a chram. – avirk Nov 12 '12 at 8:36
Depends on the laptop. The Fn key is a feature of the keyboard and not visible to the OS. And the Fn keybindings are different for each manufacturer. – Joey Nov 12 '12 at 21:10
up vote 5 down vote accepted

You can press Windows+C to access the Charms bar, then click “Settings” and adjust the volume from there. This also has the nice property of working well with fullscreen applications, such as games.

enter image description here

share|improve this answer

I use Sharpkeys to edit keys, I use it for VOLUME_UP and VOLUME_DOWN or MUTE. This can be great for keyboards without multimedia keys.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.