windows 7 x64 VoIP Modem. Arris Modem. 12Mb cable internet ASUS P5K motherboard with built in Atheros L1 network card.
Few month ago my downloading speed started to slow down from 12mb to ~9mb and even slow as 3mb but upload speed remained high as usual.
- windows reinstall
- network drivers reinstalled
- firewall disabled
- antivirus removed and tried several same effect
- no viruses just few tracking cookies which were removed
- modem changed to a new one
- removed VoIP modem
- called ISP support they couldn't help me either
- changed LAN cable to a new one and still same effect
- deleted every software/program which may connect and download from internet
- if my computer connected to a modem, the ping on it extremely high as 400ms with 1% of packet loss but if it is not connected to my computer the ping as low as 40-20ms no packet loss. so the modem is fine - when restarted the speed return to normal and slowly goes down again.
- when I do ping test to Ping -t 22.214.171.124 it goes from 90ms up to 130ms every 4 sec.
Can it be my Atheros Network card bad which cause high ping?
I can buy a new one for $20 TP-LINK .