Let me explain my backup strategy and the problem I am facing.
My current backup strategy:
- Open encrypted container and execute Carbon Copy Cleaner on it at least once a week.
- Rotate backup disks.
I have an Truecrypt partition on my 1st external hard disk. I recently found out that some files on this encrypted partition cannot be read due to bad blocks (reported by Antonio Diaz's GNU 'ddrescue').
My backup strategy is ineffective in this scenario because bad blocks are discovered during backup.
- Strategy #0: Have the encrypted partition over a RAID 1 with 2 disks.
- Is this a suitable strategy ?
- Strategy #1: Do you think of any other one ?
- Mac OS X 10.8
- External 2.5" hard disk (SATA)
- No RAID