My PC OS is Windows 8 Pro x64. Windows 8 seems confusing.
D:\ drive is supposed to be used solely by a single user, who is in Users group of the PC. The requirement is...
- that user will have full control of D drive.
- Admins will have full control of D drive.
- All other users can only list drive contents. No file could be opened.
My account is admin account. From D drive's property > Security tab, I've set the following:
- Allow "List folder contents" for Authenticated Users group.
- Allow "Full control" for SYSTEM.
- Allow "Full control" to specific user, who's supposed to use the drive.
- Allow "Full control" for Administrators group of the computer.
- Allow "List folder contents" for Users group.
After setting this up, the specific user have full control of D drive. No other user can open any file on D drive.
But though my account is an admin account, no file on D drive could be opened from my account! Why is this happening and how files can be opened from my account?
Note: All accounts in this PC are local accounts.