I haven't been able to figure out what is slow and why Windows seems to be immune.
When navigating to a page it can take 15 seconds or more to begin or fail with a time out. Once the page starts loading it isn't slow and generally I can navigate within the domain with no issues. But ultimately it isn't consistent.
I run Debian Testing with Firefox. I also use Dolphin on Android, but usually I see this issue with pushing tracks to openstreetmaps. I also attribute such to the inability to remote desktop from the Windows XP virtual machine.
When looking at similar issues people would find issue with the DNS or ipv6 resolution. When I run ping or host against the problem domain I get standard response times. (Well kickstarter.com doesn't appear to respond to ping at all).
I haven't reached out to my ISP since I've had no luck reproducing this in Windows (same machine same connection). And also since I haven't been able to consistently reproduce it, but it is very common.
And I have removed my personal router from the equation. And reset the Westel modem so I didn't have strange configurations.
The problem started at some time when my personal router reset several of it settings or something. At least I can't think of any other changes I'd made between network working fine and suddenly being slow.
Any tips on things I can try or what I should be asking my ISP to look into would be nice. I'll be working in chromium for a bit, but that wouldn't help with other symptoms anyway.