I'm trying to set up samba on my arch arm box, for shares that I can access from various places but I can't seem to get it right;
What I'm after is the following:
- Log-in with system user acccounts
- Users get their home directory
- Users get the media directory
- Users get read/write to media directory
- Guest is restricted to media directory
- Guest gets read only of media directory
- Root starts in /
- Root gets read/write
For some reason, the shareuser can see the root directory, so i set valid user to root, but then i can't log in to it even with root account.
I'm not too up on this Samba stuff so any help would be appreciated.