This question already has an answer here:
I have a problem where
dwm.exe keeps suggesting I disable Aero to improve my performance whenever I play either Battlefield 3 or Anno 2070.
I get three choices:
- Disable Aero
- Don't disable but ask again.
- Don't disable and never ask again.
The last one is the only acceptable choice. But still it doesn't keep the pop up from appearing every time I run a full-screen application.
- Changing Action Center settings to not show Windows Troubleshooting messages.
- Disabling Windows Performance Logging and Alerts in the service manager.
- Making changes to perfmon.
Disabling Desktop Composition, either on a by-program basis or completely, is NOT a valid solution to this problem.
There is no problem with my resources or performance, I just want to get rid of this Windows bug.
Again, to clarify: my rig can handle running Aero, VLC with a 1080p movie in one screen and Battlefield3 at 120fps in the other without as much as a hickup, I just want the pop-up gone for ever without having to sacrifice Aero.
I've had Windows 7 x64 on three machines by now, some much lower-performing than my current, and it is the first time I'm having this problem.